VIT has carved out a niche for itself as an excellent institution of higher education, on par with top universities of the world, in the field of technology. It has surpassed the notion of excellence within the country and has reached a pinnacle of glory and now rubs shoulders with the cream of world class institutions of the world. Under the able stewardship of its Founder Chancellor Dr.G.Viswanathan, VIT exudes an ambience which is a confluence of modernity, with the use of technology at all levels, infused with the age old traditional values of integrity and ethical sincerity.
VITEEE-2019 is a Common Entrance Exam and Eligible candidates can select the courses offered at VIT Vellore Campus, Chennai Campus, VIT-Bhopal and VIT-AP on the day of Counselling as per the order of merit and availability.
The admission will be purely on the basis of the marks secured in the VITEEE-2019, conducted by VIT Candidates who have not appeared for the VITEEE are not eligible for admission Candidates will be shortlisted based on their entrance examination rank and will be called for the counselling VITEEE for B.Tech. programme is common for VIT-Vellore, VIT-Chennai, VIT-Bhopal and VIT-AP Candidates can select the campus of their choice at the time of counselling based on the ranking
Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2019 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2019, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
• The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New
Delhi), The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE, New Delhi).
• Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
• High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Organisation, Geneva.
• General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
• As per VIT norms, NIOS candidates are also eligible to apply. They should submit Migration-Cum-Transfer certificate at the time of admission.
• Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
• Candidates who have appeared for the +2 exam through different boards in the same academic year are not eligible for VITEEE-2019 Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Examination
• Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2019 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination
• The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM/PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the
Counselling procedure for allocation of seats/branch
The counselling for allocation of branches to the short- listed candidates is based on their All India Rank (AIR) in VITEEE2019. A candidate may obtain this information on our website or by calling the VIT office, a day after the declaration of the results of VITEEE-2019.
VIT is in no way responsible for information regarding counselling not reaching the candidates. They should check the VIT website: www.vit.ac.in for information about counselling. No change of date/time of counselling is permissible