The admissions to the programmes of studies in the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) are primarily through common entrance tests (CET) conducted by the University or designated agencies accepted by the University or on merit of the qualifying degrees. The programmes of studies are grouped together, on the basis of common syllabi (for CET), for the purpose of conduction of CET. The programme(s) groups, wherever a CET is to be conducted, are assigned a unique CET code. If a programme or programme group is such that the admissions for them is not on the basis of a CET conducted by the University, then the CET code for that programme or programme group is treated as the Admission Code. Thus, without creating any ambiguity, this document may use the term CET code or Admission Code as synonyms.
The programmes shown in any CET programme group is on the basis of programmes whose admission was done through the concerned CET in the academic session 2017-18. The University reserves the rights to add or remove any programme from the list of programmes grouped together for the purpose of admissions.
The University reserves the right to cancel any CET.
Application Form Fee
All the candidates shall submit application forms only through online mode for all Common Entrance Tests 2018. The application form is available at the University website http://www.ipu.ac.in. The application form along with the Common Entrance Test Fee of Rs.1000/- excluding processing charges and taxes, as applicable,
shall be available from 19th February, 2018, onwards (Unless specified otherwise). The Application fee, the processing charges and taxes shall not be refundable under any circumstances. The Admit Cards can be downloaded by using candidates log-in ID and password, online.
1. For all CET codes the application form shall be available on the university website http:\\www.ipu.ac.in from 19 th February, 2018, except for BARCH (CET Code 100) and CETs / programmes as specified in section 1.5 of this admission brochure, for which the application form availability date shall be notified later by the
2. The Schedule of application forms and CETS
1. The term “University”, in this admission brochure shall mean the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
2. The application forms shall be available in the online mode only from the University Website: http://www.ipu.ac.in
3. The last date of application may be extended for any programme or programme group for which a common entrance test is to be conducted by the University.
4. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether he/she possess the requisite eligibility and qualifications for admission. Applying for a particular CET, appearing for the written examination and qualifying the same does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility (Chapter 2). Every applicant for a particular CET must satisfy the eligibility criterion as specified in this brochure (or its amendments / corrections).
5. The applicants are advised that since the form filling as well as admit cards shall be made available through the online mode only, they must keep the details of their login id and the password secure and safe.
6. Applicants should be careful in choosing the CETs that they apply for, as no change would be permissible after the application has been submitted.
7. The language of the CET shall be English unless otherwise specified.
8. From the merit of a specific CET Code, admissions are in general made to a specific set of programmes of studies. This document illustrates the list of programmes to which admissions were made in the academic session 2017-18. The University may add or remove programmes of studies from any or all CET Codes.
9. After the application for any CET is submitted, if there is any mistake in date of birth, spelling mistake in name of applicants or the parents name or in the choice of category/region claimed for the purpose of availing reservation, the applicant must submit an application in physical form (together with applicable processing fees of Rs. 500/-)
Eligibility Conditions & Admission Criteria
The eligibility conditions specified below is for the general / open category of admissions are specified herein. For relaxation of eligibility conditions for reserved categories, please refer to the Chapter - 6 entitled “Reservation Policy”.
Pass in 12th Class of 10+2 pattern of CBSE or equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics provided the candidate has passed in each subject separately. Candidate must additionally have passed English as a subject of study (core/ elective/ functional) in the qualifying examination.
All applicants must appear in the CET conducted. The admissions would be based on the merit / rank in the CET.
Detailed MBBS (CET Code 103)/BDS (CET Code 104) Eligibility Criteria
1. Candidate should be an Indian / Overseas Indian / Nepal citizen. Non-Resident Indians and Foreign Nationals are not eligible.
2. The candidate should be medically fit to pursue the allocated course on medical examination.
3. The candidate should have attained the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of his admission to the first year of the Course.
4. MBBS: Candidate should have passed the 12th Class under the 10+2 Scheme/Senior School Certificate Examination or Intermediate Science (I.Sc.) or an equivalent examination of the recognised University/Board of any Indian State with PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, BIOLOGY/BIOTECHNOLOGY and ENGLISH (core or elective or functional). Candidate must have passed in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English (core or elective or functional) individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology /Biotechnology(40% in case of SC/ST/OBC candidates, subject to availability of seat for these categories in the respective institutions). BDS: Candidate, who have passed 12th class examination under 10+2 system conducted by the C.B.S.E./ Council of the Indian School Certificate Examination/Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi with required subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English from the recognized schools conducting regular classes situated within the National Capital Territory of Delhi only, will be eligible for admission for BDS Programme. Candidate must have passed in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English (core or elective or functional) individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (40% in case of SC/ST/OBC candidates, subject to the availability of seat for these categories in the respective institutions).
CET Admit Card
1. The Admit Card will be available online, on or before 5 days of the date of the CET. The Admit Cards may be downloaded from the candidates individual account using log-in ID and password from the website which was used for filling up the application form.
2. The candidates for both types of CET (where an entrance test is conducted and where it is not
conducted) must keep copy of the application form filled (online) as a proof of application.
3. No candidate will be allowed to enter the Examination Hall without the valid CET Admit Card 2018, issued by the University.
4. Candidates are required to carry two printouts of the admit card at the time of CET. One copy of the admit card must be retained by the candidate after getting it signed by the Invigilator. The second copy should be handed over to the Invigilator for University records. Both the copies shall require that a passport sized photograph of the candidate is pasted on it. Candidates are advised to keep two copies of the photograph uploaded at the time of form filling handy for this purpose for each CET applied.
NCR: National Capital Region.
NCT of Delhi: National Capital Territory of Delhi.
GATE: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
The policy as stated in the admission brochure is subject to the change in compliance of the University and/or Government of NCT of Delhi policies as notified from time to time, on or before the date of commencement of first counselling.
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) Common Entrance Tests
Non-Minority Colleges/Institutes a. 85% seats are reserved for Delhi Region Candidates, i.e. those who have passed the qualifying examination from any school/Institute located in NCT of Delhi. These seats will be filled up through the merit /rank list of the respective CET Code prepared for Delhi Region candidates. The candidates who have passed the qualifying examination through Distance/Open Education system of any recognized University/ Institute and had his/her Study Centres in Delhi will be considered as Delhi Region Candidates but the responsibility to provide proof of his/her study centre in Delhi will be of
the candidate only.