Andhra Medical College (AMC) is the oldest medical college in Andhra Pradesh and one of the oldest medical colleges in India. It came into being on 19th July 1923 and rapidly acquired national attention as a center of higher learning in medical education. The first principal was Captain F. J. Anderson and 32 students were admitted in that year. The ‘medical school’ was initially affiliated to Madras University. The medical college has been attached to King George Hospital (KGH) and a number of other regional hospitals as Government Chest Hospital , Government ENT , Regional Eye Hospital and Government Hospital for Mental Care, Visakhapatnam
Now under the current Principal Dr.T.Radha MD DGO , the medical college admits 200 under-graduates, 176 post-graduates and 8 super-speciality trainees along with numerous para-medical and health related courses under the NTR Health University.